This site is dedicated to presenting insightful and helpful Christian Bible-based devotionals that may help one to lead a Christian life to the glory of the Heavenly Father and His Son.

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Psalm 37:4 - Delight in Jehovah

Psalms 37:4 - And delight yourself in Jehovah, that He may give you your heart's desire.
-- Green's Literal.
Psalms 40:8 - I delight to do Your will, O My God; and Your Law is within My inmost soul.
John 5:30 - I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 6:40 - This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son, and believes in him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
To delight in Jehovah means to have a will of heart that conforms to His will in our life. Thus our heart's desire, our ambitions, is to do His will. His eternal law written in our hearts is not an outward obedience to the letter of the written Law given to Israel; it is having a geniuine love for the righteousness that is expressed in the Law Covenant, but even more importantly, as given to us in the example of Jesus, the one whom Jehovah anointed and sent. (Isaiah 61:1; John 17:1,3) Due to Adam's sin (Romans 5:12-19), we need to realize that by nature (Ephesians 2:2,3), in our sinful flesh (Romans 8:3), we can never be fully in harmony with God's righteous standard; and thus we need to realize that Jesus is the only means by which we may be reconciled with God. -- John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:24; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 5:18-20; Galatians 2:16,17; 5:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment